For those parents whose children will be 5-years-old on or before September 1, 2019, grab a tissue. Your child is growing up. It’s time to register them for kindergarten.
The good news is that you can now save time and fill out the kindergarten enrollment information online by going here.
After you have completed the online enrollment information, you will be ready to attend the pre-enrollment meeting at your child’s future school to turn in documents and learn more about the final steps in the enrollment process. Kindergarten pre-enrollment meetings are scheduled at the local elementary schools 8:30-11:30 a.m. March 20, 2019.
Information needed for New Student Registration:
* Certificate of Immunization (Georgia Form #3231)
* Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental, Nutritional Screening (Georgia Form #3300)
* Proof of Birth Date (Ex. Certified copy of birth certificate, military ID, passport, adoption, record, a religious record authorized by a religious official, official school transcript, or affidavit of age)
* Social Security Number (optional)
* Two proofs of residency in school attendance zone (Ex. Homeownership documentation, lease/rental agreement, current utility bill statement)
* Names and phone numbers of persons who can pick up your child
* Name and phone number of your child’s doctor
For more details on the specific documents needed, where to get official copies, and a full list of accepted documents, please visit http://www.cobbk12.org/aboutccsd/enrollment/
This round of online registration is also open to new Cobb first grade students. To enroll, kindergarten students must be age 5 and first-grade students must be age 6 on or before September 1, 2019.
Online registration will be available for all new students later this year.