The National Honor Society (NHS) recently announced the scholarship winners for the class of 2020. The elite group includes six students from Cobb Schools who were named NHS Semi-Finalists. The students, who will graduate this year from Campbell High School, Harrison High School, and Sprayberry High School, each earned a $3,200 scholarship.
Every state in the U.S. is represented among the winners, along with the District of Columbia and the overseas chapters. The Cobb students were chosen from among thousands of applicants. Recipients are chosen based on their demonstrated work to support the four pillars of NHS: scholarship, service, leadership, and character.
Since 1946, more than $17 million in scholarships has been awarded to outstanding NHS senior members. The scholarship program is supported by the parent organization of NHS, the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP).
The 2020 NHS Cobb Scholarship Winners:
- Mashoor Al Ahammed, Sprayberry High School
- Calley Anderson, Sprayberry High School
- Natasha Dorr-Kapczynski, Campbell High School
- Jenna Holton, Sprayberry High School
- Catherine Maciejewski, Sprayberry High School
- Anthony Tringali, Harrison High School