The Cobb County School District remains committed to providing an in-person graduation ceremony for the graduates of the class of 2020. As of today, Friday, June 5th, strict guidance from state and local public health officials, which is specific to Cobb County, allows for a ceremony with graduates only in attendance.
Current examples of public health recommendations for Cobb County graduation ceremonies include:
- Only allowing graduates to be in attendance
- Observing strict social distancing guidelines as defined in the Governor’s most recent Executive Order
- Performing temperature checks and symptom screenings of all attendees
- Recommending all attendees wear face masks
- Providing multiple hand hygiene stations
The District continues to work with state and local public health officials to pursue every option to allow parents and graduates to celebrate together. We are targeting late July for the graduation ceremonies. This will hopefully allow more flexible guidance to be provided by state and local public health officials.
Graduates and parents should monitor communications from their respective high schools and check the District’s graduation web site, www.cobbk12.org/graduation often for updates.
Once confirmed, graduation information for both graduates and parents will be provided which includes:
- Directions to the venues
- Graduate arrival, parking, and entry instructions
- Video players for the live stream
For the most up-to-date information from the District related to COVID-19, please visit www.cobbk12.org/covid.