During the June Board of Education meeting, Cobb Schools Superintendent Chris Ragsdale announced that traditional in-person Commencement Ceremonies will take place for all Cobb high schools.
“Graduation is the hallmark of student success, so I am very proud that we have an opportunity to honor the Cobb Schools Class of 2020 for their years of hard work, dedication, and achievement. As the past few months have proven, the Class of 2020 is resilient and prepared to embark on their next journey of success,” said Superintendent Ragsdale.
All ceremonies will take place between July 13 and July 24 at Cantrell Stadium on the campus of McEachern High School located at 2400 New Macland Road, Powder Springs, GA 30127.
Each graduate will receive four tickets so family members can attend. To accommodate family and friends who are unable to attend commencement, the District will stream the ceremonies live. A link will be provided on the District’s Commencement webpage.
High schools will communicate details to graduates regarding participation and ticket pick-up.
Additional information for graduates and guests will be posted to the school district website as details are finalized. Visit the District’s Commencement webpage often for updates including:
- Directions to Cantrell Stadium
- Parking Information
- Gate Opening Times
- Public Health Guidance/Compliance
Cobb Schools Commencement Schedule:
The following dates and times are reserved for possible make-up ceremonies should inclement weather force the postponement of any of the ceremonies scheduled above:
|Thursday, July 16, 7:30 p.m.||Saturday, July 25, 9:00 a.m.|
|Sunday, July 19, 7:30 p.m.||Saturday, July 25, 7:30 p.m.|
|Monday, July 20, 9:00 a.m.||Sunday, July 26, 7:30 p.m.|
|Thursday, July 23, 9:00 a.m.|
- Each graduate will receive four (4) tickets for family and guests to attend, which will allow room for social distancing. Schools will communicate details to graduates and families regarding ticket pick-up.
- To accommodate family and friends who are unable to attend commencement, the District will stream the ceremonies live. A link will be provided on the district’s commencement web page.
- Graduates, guests, and staff should not attend commencement if they have any symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, chills, shortness of breath, new or worsening cough, headache, sore throat, the loss of smell or taste, vomiting, diarrhea, or body aches.
- Guests and graduates considered to be medically fragile per Governor Kemp’s executive order are encouraged not to attend the ceremony.
- Before entering the stadium, temperature checks and symptom screenings will be performed on all graduates and guests who attend.
- No handshaking will occur during the ceremonies.
- Graduates and guests are asked to not congregate on the school campus following the ceremony.
- All graduates, guests, and staff are strongly encouraged to wear a mask that covers their mouth and nose.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be provided throughout the stadium.
- Participation in commencement is completely voluntary, and we respect that everyone has a different situation and comfort level with being in a public venue during this time.
- Graduates should report to the HPEW Gymnasium for line-up and ceremony instructions 90 minutes before the start of the ceremony. The location of the HPEW Gymnasium is shown on the campus map available on the graduation web page at http://www.cobbk12.org/graduation.
- Graduates will be seated on the field, spaced six feet apart.
- Schools will communicate participation and ceremony details to graduates.
- Gates will open one hour before each ceremony. Early admission will not be permitted.
- Audience seating will be available in the grandstands with overflow seating on the field (behind the graduate seating section).
- Family members may sit in groups spaced six feet apart from other family groups.
- Guests will not be allowed in the graduate seating area.