Posted On Apr 13 2012
The Cobb Alcohol Taskforce is hosting a Cobb Community Chat Addressing Underage & Youth Binge Drinking, featuring representatives from local school, government, law enforcement and healthcare agencies.
When: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 7 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Where: Two locations – on-site and cyberspace!
1) Live on-site audience – 100 Cherokee St., Marietta, GA 30090 (2nd Floor Cobb Commissioners Meeting Room)
2) Cyberspace audience via ‘live stream’ – see link to event portal on homepage at www.cobbat.org and for details on viewing and submitting questions/comments
The event will be co-moderated by parent and youth and allow for audience interaction. Cobb Alcohol Taskforce will provide opening remarks to set the context for getting to prevention outcomes.
Panelists will briefly address underage and youth binge drinking impacts on Cobb County and opportunites for change, including:
• Government, Helen Goreham, Cobb Commissioner
• Healthcare, John D. Kennedy, MD, Cobb Douglas Public Health Director
• Law enforcement, Lynda Coker, Cobb Sheriff Office Chief Deputy
• Court, Greg Poole, Cobb Juvenile Court Judge
• Education, Jeff Inman, Cobb County Schools Prevention Intervention Center Coordinator
• Family, Donna Kosicki, Georgia PTA President
Audience interaction; live/cyber audiences will participate in Q & A and facilitated conversation. Youth PSA Contest winners will be announced, and winning entries viewed. Community call-to-action and audience feedback will wrap up event.